kde-runtime does not finds kactivites

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Jun 10 08:32:17 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 1:05 AM, Manuel Tortosa <manutortosa at gmail.com>wrote:

> **
>
> El Diumenge, 10 de juny de 2012, a les 00:52:28, Andreas Pakulat va
> escriure:
>
> Ok, great, then please let the kactivities team know about this. The
> release-team cannot really do anything about it (other than trying to reach
> the kactivities team). Basically the same goes to all the rest of your
> mails, if things don't build, the first person to speak to is the
> corresponding development team/maintainer so such problems get fixed asap.
>

> Actually as been fixed already by Allen in git.
>
> I don't know what do you have against sending mails for warning about the
> issues i am finding on compiling the tarballs, i just try to be
> constructive helping to fix a release before actually making the tarballs
> public and preventing some bigger problems.

I don't have a problem with reporting broken tarballs or the fact that
there are build-problems to the release-team. But I think the way you're
doing it right now is not very efficient for the release-team, its harder
to keep track of the overall state when the information is spead across
multiple mail threads.

>  If this is the release-team mailing list the release team should be
> updated about the problems about the upcomming release, really i don't
> understand you at all.

I think it would be more efficient to send the build-problems to the
corresponding module-dev-lists immediately and assemble a list of things
over the time of a day or two and send the assembled list to the
release-team. I think that would make it easier to follow up on the states
once they're fixed.

> Feel free to create a filter in your mail program to ignore my messages,
> you are a kde coder, i am a kde translator, we both are part of kde and we
> both should ensure the quiality of the release.

Not much of a coder these days unfortunately :) Sorry, didn't want to stop
your efforts or diminish them, I'll be a bit clearer next time I raise
concerns.

Andreas