4.6.2

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Mon Mar 21 21:11:25 CET 2011

On 03/21/2011 09:08 PM, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> I don't agree with punishing the people in SVN, we (Okular) are still in SVN
> because the GIT migration did not have a valid migration path for us, but the
> rest did not care and went ahead, and now we are punished because of that?
> Doesn't seem fair.

Actually what was meant is that things that have already been moved
to git won't be eligible for release from SVN - if you moved to git
but didn't manage to put it into a releasable state until now, you
are out of luck.

Releasing may involve fixup commits, and it does involve tagging,
and we don't want that to happen in SVN as it would cause the data
in SVN and git to diverge and we have no confidence people will
port it over to the git repositories properly after the fact.

Okular OTOH so far hasn't appeared in git, so it can be released
from SVN. But once you go git, you can't go back to doing things
from SVN.

--
Best regards,
Eike Hein