KDE 4.8 RC1 (4.7.95) tarballs uploaded (try#1)

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Dec 23 12:48:09 UTC 2011

On 23.12.11 10:49:11, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 23.12.11 02:54:00, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > 2. The released version of KDevelop doesn't build against the new okteta
> > headers. Not sure whether that's intentional, but it breaks things in any
> > case. If the incompatibility is intentional, we need an updated KDevelop.
>
> Yes, okteta changed its API and the released KDevelop does not build
> against that. KDevelop master does build against current okteta afaik
> (didn't try myself).
>
> I don't quite see what that has to do with KDE 4.8, KDevelop is not
> released as part of the SC and has its own schedule. There's a new
> KDevelop release planned in the not-too-distant future, but no fixed
> dates yet (its in feature freeze now though).

Need to correct myself: The 4.2 branch of KDevelop was also changed by
Friedrich, so distributions can take the patch from the branch:

http://barney.cs.uni-potsdam.de/pipermail/kdevelop-devel/2011-December/041913.html

AFAIK there's not going to be another 4.2.x release of KDevelop, the
developers concentrate on 4.3 already.

Andreas