Unannounced optional runtime dependency for SC 4.5: Cagibi 0.1 in kdesupport

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Tue Jul 13 23:04:26 CEST 2010

Hi,

due to a broken laptop and other real life circumstances I completely missed
to announce in time another, while optional and at runtime, dependency for the
SC 4.5 release, for the network:/ kio-slave in
kdebase/runtime/kioslave/network:
	Cagibi 0.1(.0) from kdesupport (tagged in /tags/cagibi/0.1.0)

Cagibi is a daemon for SSDP (the discovery part of UPnP) and, if accessable
via D-Bus, used to also show UPnP devices/services in the network:/ kio-slave
listings, otherwise silently ignore that data source. If the url info is
present, a click on the UPnP device/service item will forward the user to the
web interface of the respective device/service, e.g. of the router or media
server.

There is no cmake check (yet), as I had no idea how to test for a service only
accessed via D-Bus (direct D-Bus calls, no D-Bus api xml installed yet to test
for). So you won't have noticed this dependency from the builds.

I (and some users) might be happy if you still consider adding Cagibi as
official optional dependency, also by adding it to tags/kdesupport-for-4.5 :)
If not, no harm is done, but it would be good to get this stuff out in the
wild finally.

Thanks and Cheers
Friedrich
--