Tagging & Release delayed for KDE SC 4.4-beta1

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Mon Nov 30 15:27:05 CET 2009

Hi,

I'd like to understand what kde-qt is versus 4.6-branch from Qt git. I was
told recently that kde-qt is not synched with Qt git repo and that some fixes
are already in Qt git repo and not in kde-qt thus some crashes are already
fixed.
If so, why do we use kde-qt? and what Qt is recommanded for beta 1?

Since we switched to qt 4.6 I see numerous crashes with Qt-only backtraces.
For example http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-5090 which happens in
several QGraphicsScene based KDE apps. The Nokia assigner could not reproduce
it with Qt 4.6...

Anne-Marie