4.2 and 4.3 release date reminder

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Sun Aug 17 20:15:10 CEST 2008

On Sunday 17 August 2008 17:19:06 Matt Rogers wrote
> I'm afraid I don't follow anything in the first paragraph after the
> first 20 words or so. Perhaps you could clarify a bit more?

Next year's Akademy is one month earlier than this year's. This year, it
worked rather nicely, being able to present 4.1 as done deal during Akademy
and hacking away on the future.

Next year, we'll clash. Potential problems:

- release (or release preps) during Akademy (while Akademy is very busy for
  lots involved with the release team)
- trunk in freeze (well, depending on our plans ;-)) during Akademy (while
  such meetings usually destabilize the codebase)
- The wider community is closer to what developers run, making many PR things
  much easier

So gradually shifting the release backward would allow us for the same nice
timing as we had this year.

On another note, it's rather cool we see this kind of issues nearly a year in
advance already. Yay for plannability.
--
sebas