Skip a beta?

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Wed Sep 19 14:00:36 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 18 September 2007 12:50:45 pm David Faure wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 September 2007, Tom Albers wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just wanted to know your opinions about the idea of skipping a beta.
> > I think we might not have so much progress as we wanted to, so we
> > might as well skip a beta and try next month. On the other hand for
> > consistency sake we can make a new beta in a few days.
>
> I don't disagree...

I think we continue doing monthly betas.  As long as Dirk has
the energy and time.

> Let's fix the damn code before we think about betas and parties :-)

We will fix the code or there won't be a release.
We have a set of minimum requirements, which I reprint here:

The Beta Cycle will continue until these critical products are determined
to be functional (ie. the "minimum requirements"):
 -The workspace
   Plasma (aseigo)
   color configuration (mwoehlke)
- Oxygen style (mwoehlke, boemann, #oxygen)
- Konqueror
- Dolphin (Peter Penz)
- KMail (till, tmg)
- Kate