[kde-ev-marketing] Delaying 4.0?

Wade Olson olson at kde.org
Wed Nov 28 16:07:12 CET 2007

On Nov 28, 2007 8:29 AM, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:
> [CC:ing ev-marketing anyway.]
>
> On Wednesday 28 November 2007 15:08:50 Andreas Pakulat wrote:

> > > So, do *you* want to be the one to tell the event organizers that all
> > > their hard work and effort to pull the event together is now in
> > > jeopardy? Not I.
> >
> > Huh? Why is their effort wasted if the release happens on Feb. 4th or
> > some such? They can still pull off a release party. Its not like the
> > party is going to be months before the release.

Because we, the release planning group, have been asking since the
summer for a good, safe, reliable date for a release event would be.
And guess what: that answer was November.  So we padded 2 months and
are now running into the same problem.

So if we had listened to even the most conservative estimates, it
would have been *exactly* like the party was months before the
release.

Having a release party before the release?  Hell, we might as well
roll in a 4.1 and 4.2 release party at the same time, since we know
what's going to be in them as well.