tagged KDE 3.96

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Thu Nov 15 11:18:43 CET 2007

On Thursday 15 November 2007, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > Heck, we could eliminate RCs completely and go directly from Beta6 to
> > 4.0.0. Hm... why not do that?
>
> ditto.
>
> rather unconventional of course =)

If I may (and you may as well discard my opinion), but usually you need to
plan one RC (no real need for a RC2 unless you plan to have a critical bug in
your first RC) and then a little bit later a final release. It is usually
agreed that the code of the RC becomes the final version unless a very
critical bug (like the one found by Allen last week). And then if you found a
critical bug in your RC, you fix it, and right away release a new RC with the
fix, and delay further your final release.

--
Cyrille Berger