tagged KDE 3.96

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed Nov 14 21:54:20 CET 2007

On Wednesday 14 November 2007 21:21:47 Allen Winter wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 November 2007 09:28:52 Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > I`ve tagged the current state of things as KDE 3.96. Tarballs should be
> > ready in a few hours.
> >
> > For the desktop, I`m unsure what to do. I`m fine with naming it RC1 or
> > Gamma state or Beta5. Opinions?
>
> My opinion :
>  name it Beta5.
>  Tag RC1 on 28 Nov
>   Tag 4.0.0 on 11 Dec
>
> i.e. remove RC2 but keep to the 11 Dec 4.0.0. tagging schedule.
> This way we can keep doing stuff that needs to be done rather
> than only doing "critical" fixes.

The Release Schedule says that 4.0 would be tagged 5 Dec, and release on 11th,
so that means shifting it 6 days ahead. The issue why we didn't put it later
into December when we made the current version of the schedule was that we
don't want to interfere with Santa Claus, and, more important, Dirk is on
vacation.

I do think your proposal is good, I hope those practicalities can be solved by
squeezing the '6 days between tagging and release' a bit.
--
sebas