[kde-ev-marketing] KDE 4.0 beta June 25

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Mon Jun 4 18:40:46 CEST 2007

On Monday 04 June 2007 5:05:12 am Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> [Adding release-team to CC:, asking for confirmation]
>
> On Monday 04 June 2007 06:35:17 Wade Olson wrote:
> > Anyone know if we're still on track for a June 25, 2007 Beta 1 release?
> >
> > http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.0_Release_Schedule
>
> As far as I know, yes. Only the feature freeze has slipped to that date.
>
> Another thing which confuses me (and external others) a bit is the real
> meaning of those dates. I suppose it's the date for tagging, not release date
> itself?

So far we have no reason to believe that we aren't on track.
If there are changes to the release roadmap I will post it
to release-team, kde-core-devel, and kde-devel mailing lists.

June 25 is the beta1 tagging date.  It takes at least another
week to get tarballs tested and released.  Probably should
make this a little more obvious on the techbase docs.

-Allen