kdenetwork: KRDC

Urs Wolfer uwolfer at kde.org
Sat Jul 21 15:02:16 CEST 2007

Hi all

We need to decide what to do with KRDC. I have rewritten this app as GSoC
project [1]. I know that trunk is frozen for some time already for new /
resurrected apps; but IMHO this is a special case. KRDC in trunk is quite
broken. VNC support does not work at all. A lot of other things
(actions, ...) are not usable.

The rewritten KRDC works fine here. I have already done a lot of testing. Of
course I will work more on it, but almost all features from the old one are
already implemented (and also some nice new features). These further features
are not really important to be in an initial release. The branches KRDC is
IMHO in a state where you can use it for productive work.

KRDC depends now on libvncserver, which is already needed by KRFB in trunk. So
this should not be a problem.

Now I would like to know what you think about this issue: Better have a broken
app in kdenetwork 4.0 (where we know what not works for sure), or have a new
(working) app (that is probably not that good tested)?

Bye
urs

[1]: http://websvn.kde.org/branches/work/soc-krdc