[rekonq] Theme support for rekonq?

andrea diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 08:27:08 UTC 2014

Hi Richard,
the problem related to theme support is not really a bug in rekonq, but a
trivial fix we had to apply because of a qtwebkit bug. This, when applied a
dark theme, basically show dark background + dark foreground color
(unreadable) when a site does not set a background color/image.
We need to wait fixes around this before trying removing our easy
workaround.
I hope Qt 5 webkit release has this just fixed. In that case, you'll find
rekonq working here in the first kf5 release :)

Regards,

> Hello,
> I really like rekonq :-) , but I also like dark themes ...
>
> Judging from my own experience (and looking at the bugs in bko), sadly
> these
> two don't go very well hand in hand.
>

> Now I have seen that krita and the whole calligra suite support theming,
> ie.
> you can choose a different theme in the app from your main theme.
>
> I think this would very nicely resolve (circumvent) all these dark theme
> issues in rekonq.
>
> What do you guys think?
>
> cheers
> richard