[rekonq] Rekonq Settings

Tirtha Chatterjee tirtha.p.chatterjee at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 11:14:25 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 3:56 PM, Andrea Diamantini <adjam7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> working on the next rekonq 0.10 and following users requests (see i.e.
> bug:259192), I'm prototyping some news for rekonq settings: a privacy and an
> advanced tab. See screenshots, easier to explain :)

One suggestion -

Can we change the "Send DNT headers to tell websites you don't want to
be tracked" to
"Tell websites you do not want to be tracked" ?

1. we should not use shortcuts like "don't"
2. It makes it look less technically intimidating

> While working on them, I was thinking on... isn't it time to move settings
> to an "about:settings" window in the same way chrom* does, letting users to
> change them on the fly (which means,  NO MORE ok-apply-cancel buttons)?
> What do you think about?

Yes, absolutely. I think we can change to something like
about:settings. I have not worked on Rekonq for quite some time. I can
work on it if its okay..

Regards
Tirtha Chatterjee
KDE developer