[rekonq] Activities

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 06:50:14 UTC 2012

On Fri, 8 Jun 2012 11:22:45 PM David Narvaez wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 9:10 PM, Lindsay Mathieson
>
> <lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is anyone working on implementing Activity awareness in rekonq? if not I'd
> > be interested in doing so, specifically session save/restore.
>
> Yes, me. Activity-aware session restore is already implemented[0] yet
> I have no clear evidence of it working anywhere else but on my
> machine. There are more interesting things to do with activities and
> rekonq, though, yet I have had no time to look into them.

>From the revision:
"This patch implements session management. Most of the ideas are taken
from Konsole, which is also a KUniqueApplication but manages session
restoring correctly."

I rechecked some of the testing I did with konsole - it doesn't handle
activities correctly either, like many other apps it leaves phantom windows
running when the session is closed.

e.g

- Start two Activities
- Start konsole in both activities
- Close Activitiy 2
- close konsole in Activity 1
- Process list reveals konsole is still running. Its actually the konsole
window from Activity 2 which didn't close when the Activity closed. If you
then reopened konsole it would title itself <2>, indicating window 2.

KDE 4.8.3

I think at the very least, konsole & rekonq main windows should be checking
for the closure of the Activity they are in and closing that window.

Further to that, rekonq should be saving its open tabs & state on a per
activity basis.

Gotta cook dinner now - steak on the BBQ & beer. Will expand on this further.

Cheers,

--
Lindsay