[rekonq] Rekonq on windows

andrea diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 13:47:49 UTC 2012

Hi Peter,
I'm happy you like our browser :)
You found the windows logo because we "should" support windows.
Unfortunately, cause of poor manpower, we cannot provide (and test) windows
installers for our software. To try it you'll have to build it on your own.
Follow instructions provided in "kde on windows" project and try compiling
it. I'd just like to point out that, while HTML5 support in qtwebkit is
quite good, it is not the same with the flash plugin, that is not supported
there.
Maybe this can let you change opinion about, maybe not. Let us know what
you'll decide about.

Regards,

2012/6/3 Péter Gál <eto4ever at gmail.com>

> Hi, I have been using various kind of webbrowser on my windows, but all of
> them are awful. When i used Kubuntu, I always browsed with Rekonq.
> I would like to use Rekonq on my windows, so I decided to search any
> alternatives to use it on my pc. After a bit searching, I found this
> website: http://sourceforge.net/projects/rekonq/
> I can see a Windows logo on the right side below the supported OSs.
> Sadly I couldn't find any file which compatible with windows, and the
> tar.bz2 is not a typical windows format.
> How can I get it to my win7? I really want to use this app! :)
> I tried the kde on windows project, but it has only installed Konqueror :(
>
> Please answer asap :)
> Thanks: Peter

Andrea Diamantini
WEB: http://www.adjam.org