[rekonq] rekonq2 project

andrea diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 17:12:42 UTC 2012

Hi all,
I'm near to merge in the default rekonq repository the rekonq2 code. It's
just there since now in a "rekonq2-master" branch published now.
It basically "splits/breaks" rekonq git history by starting with a "git rm
src/" commit. Anyway, this has been discussed with the sysadmin team as the
easiest way to merge these 2 projects.

It will be merged in master in the next days.

The initial idea was that of starting a new project from scratch reviewing
a lot of the decisions made in the initial rekonq phase. But now, the need
to simplify things (and make our and sysadmins life easier), I decided to
merge the 2 projects in just one repo.

I'm going to branch out rekonq1 from where it is now, creating a
"rekonq1-master" branch to ease history check. Don't know if someone has
interest in forking a new project from there.

The so called "rekonq2" project is a branch of code born with the idea to
re-organize rekonq code well, letting easier to create a webapp mode as it
is now and to "prepare the road" for a switch to WebKit2/QML.
Many features has been added in this "reorganization" with the most
notables ones being a new tabs management, a native webapp mode, a reviewed
incognito mode... and the tabs up UI!

Hope you like and continue participating to this funny thing called rekonq
:)

Andrea.

--

Andrea Diamantini