[rekonq] Plasma Active webbrowser

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon May 23 21:48:25 CEST 2011

Hi active, webkit and rekonq hackers,

You've probably heard of the Plasma Active project (if not, it's a KDE project
to build a user experience for the device spectrum, see
http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Active ). One of the big missing things is an
awesome webbrowser. As qtwebkit and rekonq seem to be the most promising bits
and pieces to build such as thing upon, I'd like to invite interesting people
(and those who would be able to answer questions to others) for an IRC
meeting, so we get a better idea of what is involved to create something that
really rocks.

Some people have already shown interests to help out with this task, and
there's of course code here and there we can use as basis, but to get a better
picture of what's needed, it's best to get together and talk a bit about
issues, limitations, what we can do, how we can get certain things
implemented, and also who can chip in with code.

As some of you are in Brazil and others are in Europe, it seems European
evening is the most useful time for a meeting. I'll propose a couple of

Thursday, 18:00 UTC (20:00 CEST, 15:00	BRT)
Thursday, 19:00 UTC (21:00 CEST, 16:00	BRT)
Thursday, 20:00 UTC (22:00 CEST, 17:00	BRT)

Monday, 18:00 UTC (20:00 CEST, 15:00	BRT)
Monday, 19:00 UTC (21:00 CEST, 16:00	BRT)
Monday, 20:00 UTC (22:00 CEST, 17:00	BRT)

Tuesday, 18:00 UTC (20:00 CEST, 15:00	BRT)
Tuesday, 19:00 UTC (21:00 CEST, 16:00	BRT)
Tuesday, 20:00 UTC (22:00 CEST, 17:00	BRT)

Please reply to this email:
- if you are interested in taking part in the meeting
- if you have thoughts about the above
- if you would like to take part are not available at the above times
- if there's anything else you'd like to share :)

Try to keep the list of recipients in place, if you will :)

Cheers, and thanks for your interest,
--
sebas