[rekonq] Improving commit quality

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 11:40:20 CEST 2011

Hi all,
in the last couple of months I started using a couple of tools I decided
to share with you, to improve our commit quality. They are very easy and
expandable, so I think that everyone can use them and eventually
contribute to,

The first one is the git-hooks tool, created by Benjamin C. Meyer (I
think for Arora). It lets us execute some git pre-commit hooks I doubt
the usual git hook mechanism can.
It is very easy to use: just download the git-hooks tool
(https://github.com/icefox/git-hooks) and install it or simply add
git-hooks location to your PATH.
Then just,
$ git hooks --install
in rekonq dir. And everything will work.
What is working now are 3 easy checks:
- compile check: makeobj in your code to be sure it compiles (btw,
please install makeobj from kdesdk and use it instead of make: alias
make=makeobj)
- copyright year check: searches for a copyright year line in your files
- code style check: controls the code style (please, install "astyle"
version 2.x). To correct it, script/codingstyle.sh

The second "tool" is the new shining commit-template. It's in rekonq
main dir (commit-template file). To use it, just

$ git config commit.template "your rekonq dir"/commit-template

Then, follow its suggestions on each commit.

Hope you like those.
Regards,

WEB: http://rekonq.kde.org