[rekonq] Re: Review Request: GCI Task: Pulldown menu for Forward button

todd rme toddrme2178 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 16:28:19 CET 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 9:53 AM, Andrea Diamantini <adjam7 at gmail.com> wrote:

> One of the two patches about history menu will be surely merged for 0.7.
> I'd just like to hear other people ideas on these to decide.
> In general I prefer the "one-menu mechanism", but it's really difficult in KDE to let it behave as firefox. So probably this is less intrusive. As usual in this case, I'll hear all opinions and decide for the preferred one. ok?
>

> - Andrea

Why can't we have one menu (in the form of an action menu), but put it on
both the forward and back buttons in delaypopup mode? This would be
reasonably similar to the firefox menu, but would not require any major
changes to how buttons work.  Then maybe keep this patch and the existing
back button as alternative buttons (since they have already been written).

I didn't look closely at the patch so I don't know, but do these menus
incorporate the website favicons as the icons for the actions?  Firefox 4
does this, and I think it makes sense and it may not be very difficult based
on how action menus are designed (they automatically allow setting icons for
each action).

-Todd