[rekonq] Re : Favorite in the newtabpae

Lionel Chauvin megabigbug at yahoo.fr
Sun Jan 23 11:09:55 CET 2011

>-do you use the favorite page?
Yes, It is very useful and intuitive.

>-could/should it be replaced by a special folder of bookmarks?
I don't think it is the best solution.
I agree we must improve how the user can add a favorite.

>-what do you think about a most visited page/topsite instead?
I hate when things are not at the place they were before. For instance I hate windows XP's menu when it computes prefered applications.

About most visited pages:
You should modify the history page and let the user choose how items are sorted: last visited or most visited.
You can add an icon near an history item that allow to mark it as favorite. That was something Mathieu Gicquel did in the past, I don't remember why it was removed.

>-any other idea on what should be the first thing to see when opening a new tab?
I don't think you will find something better than links to the favorite pages of the user.

Lionel