[rekonq] Re: Using git for review

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 16:20:59 CET 2011

On Wednesday 05 January 2011 15:46:22 Benjamin Poulain wrote:

> Review board is oriented diff, what we need is something capable to
> handle branches.
>
> Big changes on git are usually made of dozens of commit. Reading through
> those commits gives you a better picture of the changes. Reviewboard
> does not give such things.

I'm aware that reviewboard will never probably be 100% ok with git. I'm just
saying that having it to "review the big picture" + having an automatic way to
pull the remote request in a local branch seems enough to me.

> You are assuming the sysadmin are willing to improve the process. Are
> they part of a project using git so they can see the pain of the process
> by themself?

Yes. Obviously they will have more time to when all KDE core modules will be
moved to git. (That is, after 4.6 release?)

> I am not into politics, I don't really care where the code is hosted. I
> would rather have something that works :)

It's ok, I understood your intentions. The unique thing "politically oriented"
I said anyway is that I feel part of the KDE community and I'd like rekonq
being part of the SC.

WEB: http://rekonq.kde.org