[rekonq] Re: rekonq Meeting!

Shane Lazar shane at archlinux.us
Sun Jan 2 14:48:00 CET 2011

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 2:39 PM, Rohan Garg <rohangarg at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Just another reminder .... i will close the poll tomorrow, so please add
> yourself to the doodle :)
> Regards
> Rohan Garg
>

> On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 8:15 PM, Rohan Garg <rohangarg at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> Ive started a doodle page to set up a rekonq team meeting date :
>> http://doodle.com/94rn3uaaaby4uvkk
>>
>> Please add what you would like to discuss over here :
>> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/rekonq/Meeting/Agenda
>>
>> Regards
>> Rohan Garg

Hi everybody,

I am not a developer or a member of the team. I just use rekonq built from
GIT and follow the mailing list. First off, thanks for all the work you guys
put into  rekonq.

I understand that I am using bleeding edge code and that you depend on a lot
of external projects. But regressions in rekonq seem to be my biggest gripe
with it. I don't know if you have this in place already, but I would like to
propose a more stringent review process before new code is introduced into
the main trunk.

As an internal testers for Linux Mint we have to put each ISO through
clearly laid out tests before it gets released. You can have a look here for
a general idea: http://community.linuxmint.com/iso/view/38  This kind of
testing helps cover all the critical bases. I hope something of this nature
can be put in place for rekonq so that patches that cause regressions can be
caught and fixed before they are pushed to trunk.

Best regards and Happy New Year.

Shane.