[rekonq] Re: [GSoC] Plasma integration

Jon Ander Peñalba jonan.debian at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 08:52:19 CET 2011

2011/2/11 Benjamin Poulain <benjamin.poulain at nokia.com>

> So I think the questions are really:
> -How will that benefit our users?
> -How that will make our life easier to develop the project?

I think plasma would give us a nicer and unique tab-page. Each user would be
able to personalize it for his own needs and there are lots of plasmoids
like rss readers or gmail notifications that would come for free.

Things like having different sizes for the favorites previews or being able
to have different arrangements of plasmoids (sort of activities inside
rekonq). So you could, for example, define a favorites-page for work, with
the pages you often need while working but that you never use in your free
time, and then create another favorites-page with the pages you visit for
fun :)

I think plasma gives us a lot of opportunities and it's something only us
can do, so we should take advantage of it and differentiate from the rest of
browsers.