[rekonq] Re: Tool menu: set encoding and browsing identification

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 17:51:58 CET 2011

On Thursday 03 February 2011 17:24:40 Lionel Chauvin wrote:
> Do we need the "set encoding" and "browsing identification" items in the
> tool button-menu ?
>
> If the browser do its job, the user should not need them.
>
> Can we move them in the config panel ?
>
> Lionel.

The "set encoding" menu is bugged. It's my fault. Its actual implementation
sets the "default set encoding", the one used from webkit if no other encoding
has been set in the html.
It's one of the tasks before 0.7 to move it inside "Appearance" config panel.
While, after release, some code to switch encoding on the fly can be
implemented, this menu resurrected and moved to the developer tools.

The "browsing identification" is another beast, IMHO. First, it works "per
host", not as general settings. Second, it lets you change UA on the fly for
the actual host. And last it will be moved to a plugin as soon as we support
it (next version?).
So I think it should remain there for now.

WEB: http://rekonq.kde.org