[rekonq] Re: Using custom QtWebKitBuild

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 12:33:39 CEST 2011

On 04/28/2011 07:40 AM, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> I'm currently working on adding inline spell checking to QtWebKit and
> wish to test its integration with rekonq.
>
> While not a cmake expert I'm quite happy to make my own rekonq builds
> but could anyone advise me on the best way to build it with my local
> web kit build? i.e headers and libs in my home directory?

Hi Lindsay,
very sorry for being so late with my answer. Anyway, here you are for
the weekend ;)

To locally compile your rekonq copy against another webkitbuild you just
need to set some variables. Here you are a brief explanation about.

export QTDIR="the dir where you installed your local Qt/webkit copy build"

export C_INCLUDE_PATH=$QTDIR/include:/usr/include
export CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH=$QTDIR/include:/usr/include

export KDESRC="your source dir"
export KDEBUILD="your KDE build dir"
export KDEDIR="the dir where you are installing your locally builded KDE sw"
export KDEDIRS=$KDEDIR:/usr  # that is your local dir + /usr + your
(eventual) real KDE dir

export KDEHOME="set this to eventually change the setting dir"
# environment variables
export
PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$KDEDIR/bin:$KDEDIR/lib/kde4/libexec:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/lib/java/bin
export
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$QTDIR/lib/pkgconfig:$KDEDIR/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$KDEDIR/lib:$KDEDIR/lib/kde4
export QT_PLUGIN_PATH=$KDEDIR/lib/kde4/plugins

# XDG dirs and variables  (these are needed just for local KDE development)
export XDG_DATA_HOME=/SW/TRUNK/CONFIG/share
export XDG_CONFIG_HOME=/SW/TRUNK/CONFIG
export XDG_DATA_DIRS=$KDEDIR/share:/usr/share
export XDG_CONFIG_DIRS=$KDEDIR/etc/xdg

I personally use 2/3 different script based on this variables change.
One to work against KDE branches,
one against KDE trunk, one with a different Qt/WebKit build (QTDIR +
PATH set), etc...

Hope this helps,
I'm here anyway.

Regards,