[rekonq] Virtual desktop aware rekonq

Felix Rohrbach fxrh at gmx.de
Tue Apr 5 00:08:33 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'd like to add desktop awareness to rekonq, i.e. rekonq should prefer to open
a link from another application in the current virtual desktop. This is very
helpful if you use one extra browser for e.g. development on a special
desktop, together with other dev tools which can open links.  Current
behaviour is to open a link in the window which was created most recently.

This is my proposal for the behaviour of rekonq:

Standard behaviour:
If there is a rekonq window in the current virtual desktop, open the link
there, else fall back to old behaviour, or use a window which is in the next
activity :)

Optional behaviour (I guess another checkbox for tab settings):
Do always open links in the current virtual desktop. (there is a wish on bko
for that, too)

Another idea would be to save which browser window was activated the last time
and prefer that one (that could be done for windows on the same desktop).

Just to be clear: This is not about activities. Even though I don't use them
yet, I think they would be better connected with things like sessions then
with rekonq windows.

Want do you think about this?

Regards,
Felix