[rekonq] Favicon problems

Emmanuel Surleau emmanuel.surleau at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 23:47:14 CET 2010

> On Tuesday 09 March 2010 07:58:11 Emmanuel Surleau wrote:
> > I tried, but no luck... For good measure, I also moved konquerorrc out of
> > the way (since rekonq appears to be sharing some stuff from konqueror).
> > Could it be some other setting which is shared with konq?
>
> No, no settings (stored in konquerorrc) are shared. we share bookmarks and
> adblock settings (for now), but they are not stored there.
>
> Let's start again.
> You downloaded rekonq from git master, compiled and installed it. You have
> at least 0.3.98 version.
> And kdelibs 4.4.1.
> Starting rekonq with zero settings it should load the favorites page. But
> it's not working.
> Is this all right?

That's it. I have attached a picture of rekonq as it starts from the .desktop
for me. Notice how the icon is mangled. I noticed an additional issue: the
homescreen does not work - at all - when started in this mode. Opening a new
tab presents me with the same blank page.

> Can you pls try disabling adblock and restart rekonq?

Tried. Didn't change a thing. I managed to open rekonq (accidentally) a few
times from the .desktop (in the launcher) with functioning homescreen. After
rebooting, I get my regular, broken-from-the-.desktop-rekonq back.

I have checked that klauncher *is* using
/usr/local/share/applications/kde4/rekonq.desktop

I have also changed Exec=rekonq %u to Exec=/usr/local/bin/rekonq in the
.desktop without noticing any difference. I have also checked that there is no
difference whether the load is high or not on the machine.

Peculiar, isn't it?

Cheers,

Emm