[rekonq] Rekonq website

Nikhil Marathe nsm.nikhil at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 10:36:16 CEST 2010

I would really like to see a static site, much easier to maintain.

I propose that rather than have a rekonq specific blog we leverage the
existing planetKDE system and let developers blog on their own blogs
and every hour a cron job could run through the feeds and look for
posts. ( everybody uses the RSS feed for category/tag "rekonq" when
they want it to be mirrored on the rekonq site ).

For normal release time articles, it is very easy to use a static site
gen ( see nanoc.stoneship.org or jekyll or Python alternatives too )
since we don't have releases every day :) Speaking of which I wouldn't
mind writing the release posts.

All the web 2.0 stuff can be offloaded to other sites. Use Disqus for
comments on releases and update news. Twitter etc. have their own
widgets anyway.

This way our site is low maintenance and also secure since their is no
interactivity on our server. The cron job is an out of process thing
which is not exposed to the web in any way.

Just my 0.02 INR.

Nikhil