[rekonq] Re : KRunner

Jon de Andrés Frías jondeandres at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 12:53:39 CEST 2009

Hi!

I've been working a bit in the "runner bar", it's not a good job yet, but i
can show you some screenshots with a urlbar using runners to populate the
combobox. http://picasaweb.google.es/jondeandres/Rekonq#

Actually there are some problems:

1. There are sometimes some duplicate results, i know how to fix this, so there
should not be a problem

2. The way to get the url could change in each runner. As you see in a
screenshot, for the web shortcuts runner the data is a template of the final
url.

3. The run() method that all runners have is not useful cause the runner
launches the application associated with it, konqueror, dolphin, etc...

4. The history runner of konqueror is not as good as it should be. Konqueror
seems to have two histories ~/.kde/share/config/konq_history and
~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/konq_history. The first one i think is only the
typed history in the urlbar, it doesn't store the title of the web site or the
favicon. However the second one saves this info too. The actual runner only
searches in the "light" history so in the screenshots you cannot see the title
of the site, as it happens in krunner.

I know this is too far of the idea you have but i can work on it much more.
I'll push the changes in my branch in gitorious if you'd like to review some
code and advise me ;-).

Thanks everybody and sorr for my english.

Regards.