[rekonq] issues with favicons

Ronny Scholz ronny_scholz at web.de
Sat Sep 26 04:43:31 CEST 2009

With current git, I have two issues with favicons:

The first one is that the general retrieval of favicons does not work. The
favicon initialisation is done in Application::postLaunch(), but this is never
called. It should be called in Application::mainWindow(), but only if there
are currently no windows. This situation never occurs, because
Application::newMainWindow() is always called before and already inserts a new
window. I don't know how to fix this issue in an elegant way, so please help me
with that :)

The second issue is that only the left half of the favicon is shown on the
tabbar. The right half is overlayed by the tab text.
I have uploaded a screenshot with the kde favicon:
http://www.imagebam.com/image/da760e50084324

Greetings,
Ronny