[rekonq] Homepage style

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 10:18:45 CEST 2009

On Thursday 24 September 2009 10:07:58 Lionel Chauvin wrote:
> > About homepage layout. The only thing I REALLY like about
> > it is the ~70% of
> > space for previews + some blocks of additional
> > informations: simple and clear.
>
> I don't like it. It is asymetric. But it is clearly subjective.

Ok, this is the point when I need mockups..

> > My idea about that is that we'll arrive to configure:
> > A) what sites you'd like to preview (last 9 visited sites,
> > your 9 preferred
> > sites, ...??)
>
> If you display the most viewed bookmark the user doesn't need configure
>  something.

Yes, the user can configure what previews he/she/it likes to see:
- last 9 sites (rekonq knows)
- your preferred 9 sites (you have to say rekonq what they are..)
- most viewed bookmarks (rekonq should know..)
- ..

> > B) What blocks (2-3 max) you'd like to have (Google search,
> > recent history,
> > bookmarks, recently closed tabs, ....??)
>
> I would like an area for bookmarks at the top part of the homepage and a
>  "line" area at the bottom for previews of "recently closed tabs".

Again, please let us see something to better ustand this..

> If we save "recently closed tabs" of the previous rekonq execution, we will
>  not need restore them as tabs at startup. Rekonq will continue to start
>  fast ; the user will have a clean tabbar and he will be able to reload
>  wanted tabs.

Yes, perhaps need some rethinking..