[rekonq] We have HomePage!

Matgic78 matgic78 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 10:29:21 CEST 2009

Le vendredi 18 septembre 2009 22:16:34, vous avez écrit :
> I just want to make this remark:
> Previews are more useful for Recently closed tabs than for Bookmarks. You
> really don't need to search a bookmark because they are fixed. It is not
>  the case for Recently closed tabs and previews can help the user for this
>  task.
>
> (I don't say previews must be removed for bookmarks)

The function WebSnap::saveResult() (the one that snap the page after it is
loaded) never needs more than 500msec to run on my old computer.
I think it makes it possible to snap each page visited to get a preview on
hovering tabs, history entries, bookmarks, and to show the 3, 5, or 9 most
recent in HomePage.
Snaps could be done in a thread.
The thumbnails could be deleted according to the cache policy.
Is it possible to snap a webpage without modifying it ? We don't want to load
the page twice...