[rekonq] Opening external links

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 09:05:55 CEST 2009

On Saturday 12 September 2009 03:01:39 Daniel Cohen wrote:
> On Friday 11 September 2009 11:34:11 Domrachev Alexandr wrote:
> > Andrea Diamantini wrote:
> > > 1) (actual): open external URLs in new tabs or in new windows (chosen
> > > via user settings)
> > > 2) (pano + matgic78): open external URLs in new window if there is no
> > > one opened on the same desktop.
> > > 3) (remix): provide options to choose one from 2 or 3 of these.
> > >
> > > I really cannot decide about. Hints?
> >
> > Compromise:
> > Open external URLs in new window if there is no opened window on current
> > desktop, if there is then behave as user choosed in settings (open in new
> > tab, or open in new window).
> >
> > --
> > Best regards,
> > 	Alex.

I dislike this idea because of user settings. If an user chooses the "open in
new tab" settings, he probably always wanna this :)
So, we need to provide the exact options:

open external URLs:
1) always in new tab
2) always in new window
3) in a new window in the current desktop, if there isn't. Otherwise in new
tab there.

So, general idea seems using #3 as default. Ok.
Next questions are:
- should we use this and stop (so, NO settings, always #3)?
- drop #2?
- provide a better (and shorter) explanation for #3?
- something else? no, please.. ;)

Regards,