[rekonq] Re : [RFC] THE ROAD TO REKONQ 0.2

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic+kde at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 00:31:18 CEST 2009

> > I'm really "critic" (not sure this is right term..) with this
> > plugins/extensions idea based on firefox (and Gecko) experience and
> > implementation.

While the problem with standard plugins and KDE's plugins system is quite
obvious, there could be a pretty clean solution that wouldn't lead to crashes
- and it is scripting.

By making a javascript interface, we would avoid the potential security and
stability problems.

The thing that I truly consider a great idea is the Mozilla Jetpack [1]. It is
JavaScript with a simple interface to the program. The great thing is that
every extension based on Jetpack would be able to be used in firefox, chrome
(i think there was some news about this)... possibly konqueror, rekonq...

Just throwing the idea into the pool - it is too early to even start thinking
about Jetpack since its APIs are far from stable.

Cheerio.

[1] https://jetpack.mozillalabs.com/

p.s. Andrea, if you wish to reply, you can do it to the list instead directly
to me - i am a member :)