[rekonq] Improvements for 0.3

Lionel Chauvin megabigbug at yahoo.fr
Wed Aug 26 20:21:15 CEST 2009

> > To be honest, I'm quite uncomfortable with this decision: This sounds
> > more like a GNOME solution, where the developers decides how the UI
> > *must* look like. In KDE you have the power to customize the UI to your
> > needs, which imho is the better way. Example:
> > Before this functionality was removed, I was able to change the size of
> > the icons in the toolbar, which was quite handy imho.

Yes it looks like a Gnome solution.

To simplify:
Gnome applications are well designed for their task (not always true ^^) but
they are not customizable.
Kde applications are customizable but they are not well designed by default.

I influence the Rekonq project in this way, because I would like KDE devs take
more attention on the KDE UI infrastructure.

For instance, button-menus are not customizable in the "configure toolbar"
panel. You must code it.
The KDE devs want persuade the application developers to not do that because
they don't want duplication of menu between the tool bar and the menu bar.

But why the menu bar must be always visible by default ?
Take a look at the Dragon Player menu. What a pity we need a menu bar for so
few useful actions. Why actions like "configure shortcuts" are in the menu and
not in a configuration panel ?