[rekonq] Improvements for 0.3

Panagiotis Papadopoulos pano_90 at gmx.net
Wed Aug 26 16:51:43 CEST 2009

> > The code is simpler. There is one place to add actions. With the menu bar,
> > actions are declared in an xml file and in the code source.

Ok, I didn't know this before. :-)

> > My first intention was to hide the menu by default and let the user display
> >  it via cntrl-m or an option in the config panel. But this is not the path
> >  taken by Andrea. I think I will follow him. Without the menu we are
> >  coherent.
> >
> > Lionel.
>
> About right click.. I removed it, that's my decision. I think we should not
> let user customize our "so simple" UI and just provide an option in rekonfig or
> in the tools menu.
> I'll fix it ASAP.

To be honest, I'm quite uncomfortable with this decision: This sounds more like a GNOME solution, where the developers decides how the UI *must* look like.
In KDE you have the power to customize the UI to your needs, which imho is the better way.
Example:
Before this functionality was removed, I was able to change the size of the icons in the toolbar, which was quite handy imho.

Greetings,

Panagiotis Papadopoulos