[rekonq] rekonq and kio_http

Panagiotis Papadopoulos pano_90 at gmx.net
Tue Aug 25 15:00:31 CEST 2009

Am Montag 24 August 2009 18:18:55 schrieb Andrea Diamantini:
> On Monday 24 August 2009 18:06:03 Panagiotis Papadopoulos wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is rekonq in any way using "kio_http"? I might have found an incredible
> >  ugly bug in either rekonq or kio_http...
> >
> > The problem is, if you browse a site with *a lot* of images, apart from
> >  rekonq "freezing" (but that's another bug) there are also a exremely high
> >  amount of kio_http processes started.
> >
> > For example, open the following website:
> > http://schnittberichte.com/schnittbericht.php?ID=4901238
> >
> > In my case rekonq will "freeze" until the website is loaded. After that I
> >  had 412 (four hundred and twelve) running kio_http processes.
> >
> > btw: When opening that website with Konqueror not a single kio_http
> >  processes is started...
> >
> > Greetings,
> >
> > Panagiotis Papadopoulos
> >

> If you are using rekonq 0.2 and KDE 4.3.0 this is normal. Or better.. it's a
> known bug :)
> That's what I'd like to avoid setting KDE 4.3.1 as KDE_MIN_VERSION on rekonq
> 0.3.
> Apart from the KIO::http_post fixes..

Ok, yesterday I compiled myself the 4.3 stable branch (kdelibs and kdebase strictly speaking).
I can confirm that the kio_http issue is totally gone and surfing now also feels really smooth again :-)

But:
I cannot confirm that the KIO::http_post fixes are also fixing my problems with phpBB boards. Is it possible that those fixes are only in trunk and not in the stable branch?

@adjam

Sorry about simply disappearing from IRC yesterday... My ISP had massive problems, so I had no internet at all for the rest of the night... Sry again :-)

If you don't mind I'll write an email to the mailing list later this evening, about our sessions support conversation on IRC yesterday night.

Greetings,

Panagiotis Papadopoulos