[rekonq] [ANNOUNCE] rekonq 0.2.0

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 05:21:59 CEST 2009

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 03:29:11 am Andrea Diamantini wrote:
> Here we are, after two beta releases to fixing bugs and let translators
> work, we have our 0.2 release!

And it is completely awesome, currently I trialling it as a full time
replacement for konqueror in Kubuntu (Karmic) and its doing really well.

Currently Karmic is experimenting with Arora as the default browser and I
really don't understand why - rekonq is far better integrated and ahead of
arora on all features from what I can see.

Things I'd like to see next in rekonq :)

- KWallet support, this would be really nice
- KDE Session support. I use this a lot in KDE, shutting down my PC and have
Konqueror open up the next morning with the same pages loaded is quite nice
- Spell Check support. Great for online forums.

I'm actually not fussed about separate process per tab support, rekonq is
plenty stable enough for me right now. I tend to think its such a big deal in
firefox because of the tendency of its plugins and javascript to run out of
control.

Cheers,

--
Lindsay