[rekonq] Re : One process per tab: TODO list for 0.3

Johannes Zellner webmaster at nebulon.de
Wed Aug 12 10:26:42 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 11 August 2009 18:56:28 Lionel Chauvin wrote:
> >Yes, but.. why not just ask user for? saying something stupid, if you see
> > your browser closing and reopening a tab, you say: what the hell rekonq
> > is doing?
>
> This is the magic: it must not close/reopen the tab, just reload the
> content. It will be transparent for the user if it succeed. Just a small
> icon at the right in the url bar for notify him that something bad occured.
> The user will have the impression that Rekonq crash less than the other
> browsers. Note also that this is what Vista/7 does when an application
> crash. If KDE bothers the user all the time with stupid dialogs he will
> prefer Windows.

First I would hope rekonq does not crash that often, that a dialog asking me
if rekonq should recover the tab, would annoy me.
And is it really possible to recover in "ajax" like applications, where a
reload exits somehow the online app or kind of buggy behaviour because the
user didn't recognize the recover/reload?

> >while, if you see rekonq informing you that a site has left him crash but
> > it can recover it, if you like, you think....
>
> The user must only be informed that the site crash but Rekonq has been able
> to recover it (or not).

I would be for opening a new tab with an empty page where the user can click
on recover...probably if possible he gets further information like flashplugin
was the reason. Just an idea there could be also the history of the crashed
tab shown.

Thanks,

Johannes