[rekonq] Patch:Open Home Page when Opening new tab

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 23:00:07 CEST 2009

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 02:45:09 am Andrea Diamantini wrote:

> Yes, currently we are in string freeze and also in "bugfix mode", waiting
> for 0.2 release.

No worries.

> > I am curious, what is your home page ?
>
> I'm curious, too :)

Its a local HTML file containing my most common links - forums, weather radar,
webmail, admin pages on the network etc. It lives in my subversion server as
well, so its shared amongst the multiple machines I use. I find it easier and
quicker to access the home page than my bookmarks for the common operations I
do.

I don't think its a rare usage - that's while its available as an option in
the TabMix Plus extension for FireFox.

> One of my rekonq wishes for the future is to implement a chrome-like home
> page, with bookmarks, history, a picture perhaps and Idontknowwhatelse.
> Lindsay, are you interested in "playing" a bit with this?

I'd certainly be interested - don't use Chrome much (despise it ) but it
sounds very similar to a feature in Opera.

--
Lindsay
http://blackpaw.jalbum.net/home