[rekonq] Source viewer

Lionel Chauvin megabigbug at yahoo.fr
Sat Aug 8 21:01:10 CEST 2009

Le jeudi 06 août 2009 09:36:14, Andrea Diamantini a écrit :
> On Thursday 06 August 2009 04:08:16 Kyle Evans wrote:
> > Greetings list.  I'd like to help out with rekonq, and I have an idea
> > that might be well suited for a beginner.  Currently the source viewer
> > doesn't work quite right and it uses an external application.  I was
> > thinking of making an internal 'rekonq' viewer not unlike what is the
> > default in Firefox. It would then use ktexteditor for added sexiness
> > and syntax highlighting.

Kate already have syntax higlighting. Do you want hightlight html element in
the webpage according to selections in html code ? If it is the case you must
wait qt4.6 and QWebElement.

> > So is this something you all would be open to if I were to get
> > something usable for review?

I agreed with Andrea. Rekonq must continue to be lightweight and focus on web
browsing for common users. Why not port quanta+ to kde4 and use qtwebkit as
renderer ? (through webkit kpart for instance). Or do something newer more
wysiwyg.