[rekonq] CookiesJar and AccessManager

Lionel Chauvin megabigbug at yahoo.fr
Sat Aug 8 20:33:33 CEST 2009

Le samedi 08 août 2009 19:51:05, Andrea Diamantini a écrit :
> On Saturday 08 August 2009 11:32:24 Lionel Chauvin wrote:
> > > No sorry. I thought it's an unuseful and expensive tasks. Read my last
> > > mail about..
> >
> > I think I did not received your last mail.
> >
> > in the last I receive you say:
> > >Sure!
> > >I'm going to provide a RekonqAccessManager branch to work on this topic.
>
> I was just saying it's not a simple task porting it. And it's quite
> unuseful. So, perhaps the best thing is (as you said initially, I think):
> - provide QNetworkAccessManager just for KDE 4.2 and just for rekonq 0.2
> - provide KIO::AccessManager for KDE 4.3 and every rekonq from now on
>
> That's all. Is this ok for you?

Ok. It is the easiest choice. I studied KIO::AccessManager, and yes it is not
so easy to take it without taking entire kio :)
I think someone must test Rekonq with kde from trunk and someone else with kde
4.2. I can use virtualbox and kde 4.2 in a virtual machine but I never compile
kde trunk. We can also contact KIO::AccessManager developers and discuss about
our bugs. They must have similar problems with webkit kpart. We are near to
obtain prefectly rendered pages. It is a great step for KDE.