[rekonq] Awsome Bar: Organization Ideas

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 00:47:09 CEST 2009

On Saturday 01 August 2009 10:13:33 Lionel Chauvin wrote:

> I propose the above organisation.
>
> 1) The first item is selected by default:
> - if "http:" or relative web address like "kde.org" then launch this url
> - else if a webshortcuts (with ":" delimiter) is typed then launch query on
> the corresponding website
> - else search on default search engine
>
> 2) The second part is a list of results, Runners will be useful for this
> part.
>
> 3) The third par is a list of suggestions that help the user to write its
> query.
> Based on opensearch + help to learn webshortcuts
> ex: kde ktabbar propose kde:ktabbar

Perhaps I'm saying the same thing you suggested (I didn't understand it really
well), but my idea is just that you type something (eg:bac) and the awesome
url bar present you a list of things you can do.

eg:

1) Load one url (LoadUrlRunner results)
 - load bac.com (.xx where xx is your own country primary level domain)

2) google search (GoogleRunner results)
- search google for bac
- search google for back (google suggestion #1)
- search google for bachelor (google suggestion #2)

2b) wiki search (?)
- search wikipedia for bac

3) eventual url present in your own history (HistoryRunner results)
- load www.backgammon.it
- load www.baconandeggs.com

4) eventual url present in your own bookmarks (BookmarksRunner results)
- load www.backgammon.it
- load www.baconandeggs.com

Don't know in what order. User has just a list to choose from. Or not?

--
Andrea Diamantini,
IRC: adjam_AT_freenode