[rekonq] Webshortcuts

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 03:10:22 CEST 2009

On Friday 31 July 2009 22:41:12 Lionel Chauvin wrote:
> I found this discussion:
> http://www.archivum.info/kfm-devel@kde.org/2005-10/00016/PATCH:_webshortcut
>
> I understand now why the delimiter was not replaced by a space by default.
> One reason is because webshortcuts are also usable in krunner and they are
> in conflict with commands.

I don't understand it, instead. I think these webshortcuts could be considered
like real protocols, following the standard url = scheme colon path.
Bah.. perhaps it's just me..

> Ok, for 0.2 we can let webshortcuts broken when the delimiter is space.
>
> One reason why space was not choosen for default is for queries like: "kde
> xcomposite". We don't want launch the kde api website.

Space separator is definitely a non-sense for me

> I think our futur awsome bar must re-think webshortcuts and use opensearch
> to remove ambiguities.

I'm not sure about this. In my idea vision we have to provide two different
runners here. One for google search and another (existant) for webshortcuts.
That's all! Ordering query results, I'm sure Ivan can help us to "magically"
remove the "gg ciao" searches.. ;)

--
Andrea Diamantini,
IRC: adjam_AT_freenode