Meeting Notes: 2/2/23

Devin espidev at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 08:19:25 GMT 2023

Plasma Mobile Gear 23.01:
- Bhushan gave some suggestions, could incorporate if we need further
releases for new apps
- We should release PlasmaTube on Flathub

Blog post:
- Dev log blog post every 2 months: gather everyone's changes early
- start an MR early to gather changes (right after previous blog post)
- Should we offload most app news to the KDE Gear blog post?
- Apps should have their main announcements in the Gear blog post
- Blog post should be more focused on changes as devs implement them,
rather than releases

Moving to KDE Gear:
https://invent.kde.org/teams/plasma-mobile/issues/-/issues/186
- First batch of apps ready to merge:
https://invent.kde.org/sysadmin/release-tools/-/merge_requests/27
- Still need to finish some apps on the list for version
- Need to remember to move krecorder (and other apps?) out of
playground since they passed kdereview
- Has KClock passed kdereview? no response on latest email...
https://marc.info/?l=kde-core-devel&m=167239560019711&w=2
- Let's move applications out of the plasma mobile namespace! If
you're an app dev, feel free to contact sysadmin to do so

What's going on with Plasma 6/KF6??
- Apps should attempt to support Qt 6, but NOT ditch their Qt 5 support yet
- Plasma 6 work starts after 5.27.2 (3 weeks after release)

Misc.
- Talk with Harold about how we can better collect logs for Sentry,
and track issues
- Generally need to sit down to talk about improving our tooling for errors