Changing input language when connected to an external monitor

KO BYEONGMIN kobyeongmin at korea.ac.kr
Fri May 13 13:18:42 BST 2022

Dear Plasma Mobile enthusiasts,

is there anyway, be it through GUI or a terminal, that I can change input
language from English to Korean and vice versa when my phone is connected
to an external monitor?

To be more precise, I am running Plasma Mobile 5.24.5 on my Pinephone (Arch
Linux ARM), from which the input language can be easily changed via its
on-screen keyboard when the languages of choice are added to the list
available
on SYSTEM SETTINGS > ON-SCREEN KEYBOARD > CONFIGURE LANGUAGES.

However, when I connect the phone to an external monitor via the
'Convergence'
USB-C dock, the on-screen keyboards are automatically disabled and leaves me
no way of typing languages other than English.

My search for finding appropriate keyboard shortcuts or solutions from the
software repository was to no avail. Is it really impossible to change
the input
language when the phone's connected to an external monitor?

Thank you for reading.

Stay healthy!

Byeongmin

---