Friday meetings again

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Fri Sep 3 16:06:18 BST 2021

On Fri, Sep 3, 2021 at 12:45 AM Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:

> Hi,
> As discussed earlier, today Friday 3rd at 2pm UTC we will be having
> our next meeting at
> https://meet.kde.org/b/ale-wjk-tts.
>
> As discussed previously, I'd suggest discussing the first-run wizard
> (CC'd people to that end).
>
> If we have some more time, we should also discuss:
> - KDE Gear 21.08
> - Plasma 5.23 (Hard Feature freeze is soon!)

Notes from the meeting today.

- First-run wizard
     - Pico's dependencies have been kept low on purpose.
    - There's modules for wifi, user creation, timezone, etc
    - Anupam is happy to have Pico changed to integrate better
    - It was using Material earlier, now it just uses whatever it defaults to
    - TODO Adriaan See to adopting kcms into pico
    - TODO Aleix See to adopting kcms into calamares
    - Let distros to mix and match as Plasma provides the right kcms

- KDE Gear Mobile 21.08
    - AppStream metadata update process is clunky
    - Bhushan has been updating them by hand: NOT FUN
    - Open tickets about appstream and promo

- Plasma 5.23
    - Feature freeze!
    - Soft feature and Repo Freeze Thu 2021-09-02
    - Beta Thu 2021-09-16
    - https://community.kde.org/Schedules/Plasma_5
    - https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-workspace/-/merge_requests/902
    - https://invent.kde.org/plasma/powerdevil/-/merge_requests/43