Pattern unlocking

Tej Shah tshah.dental at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 16:53:31 BST 2019

Thanks. So here is how I plan on doing it:

If you have ever used an Android phone, it will basically work the same way.
The user will have the option of using a normal typed in password, or
pattern unlock method.
There will be a 3x3 grid of "nodes" in which the user can go from node to
node to create a pattern.
In the backend, each node is assigned a letter (a,b,c, and so on) and that
will be used to generate the password. This also means in theory, the user
can also use a virtual or real keyboard to type in the same password as
pattern would generate.
I plan on using mostly QML with whichever KDE-QML modules are required for
the correct theme color scheme.
Very long story short, I am in a situation where I need to ensure that it
works both on Plasma Desktop and Plasma Mobile. It would be nice if KDE
Plasma were to take it upstream and it be included in KDE Neon Desktop and
eventually Kubuntu.

Please let me know if there are any issues with this idea. Thanks.