Include the names of fundraising donors into Plasma 6 somewhere

Paul Brown paul.brown at kde.org
Thu Sep 21 18:50:55 BST 2023

It seems I have lost David's email in the internets, but I can see it in the
Archive, so I will copy it here to contextualise my reply:

> I would be strongly opposed to having it somewhere the user hasn't
> explicitly opened, like the first-run wizard. It's more important that
> we come across as a product that's on par with a commercial offering

Commercial offerings do all sorts of things which are much less classy and much
more in your face to extract money from their users all the time. But okay.

How about in subsection under "About this system" in "Settings" ? Not in
anybody's face, you don't have to see it if you don't want to, we can still
offer the perk of having donors' names in Plasma in the fundraiser, which I am
sure will be popular...

> than raise the extra cash.

Well... It is not extra cash. It is sustainability cash. We are not doing this
because we want to, but because we have to.

> Having a set of names appear when you click the donate button would be ok.

You mean on the website? Yes, that is already planned.

Cheers

Paul
--
Promotion & Communication